Misal Bunny chow
Prep: 10 minsCook: 15 mins Servings: 2
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Ginger and garlic
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 1 medium chopped tomato
- 1cup sprouted matki / moth beans
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Mix Masala
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Beasan/Chickpea flour, mixed with 3 tbsp of water without any lumps
- 2 no. Whole wheat buns, Lightly toasted
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- ½ cup Farsan
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds, sauté lightly then add ginger-garlic, onion and salt, sauté until the raw smell of the ginger-garlic has gone. When the onion starts to turn light brown add tomato, red chili, turmeric, cumin and coriander powder. Mix well and keep on stirring.
- Add matki , mix masala and water, cover with a lid and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the tomato is cooked completely and starts to disintegrate.
- Add the slurry of besan to the curry, this will help to thicken the curry. Remove the lid and cook for another couple of minutes. Adjust seasoning and remove from flame.
- To serve, slice the top part of the buns and make a cavity inside by removing the bread.
- Pour the hot matki curry inside the buns and garnish with some crispy farsan and fresh coriander.