Brown Rice Horchata
- Brown rice 1 ½ cup
- Water 4 cup
- Cinnamon sticks 2 sticks
- Sugar 4 tbsp
- Vanilla extract Few drops
- Soaked and peeled almonds ¼ cup
- Rinse the rice with several times. Soaked in water with cinnamon powder for 8 hrs in refrigerator.
- After 8 hrs remove water and discard the cinnamon sticks.
- Put into blender rice and sugar, vanilla extract and half of the soaked water.
- Blend the rice and soaked and peeled almonds on low for 3 to 5 minutes until well blended and finely ground.
- Pour the blended rice in muslin cloth.
- Put the strained rice water mixture into pitcher adding remaining water, stir well. Serve immediately.