2 tsp Oil
¼ tsp Mustard seeds
Sprig of curry leaves
2 tbs Ginger garlic paste
1 tsp Green chillies, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
½ tsp Turmeric powder
¼ tsp Asafoetida
1 tbs salt
3 medium sized Potatoes, boiled and mashed
2 cups Besan
Salt to taste
½ tsp Turmeric
Water as required
6 bread pieces
Oil for frying
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves,
ginger garlic paste, green chillies and saute till fragrant.
- Add onion and sauté till translucent.
- Now add turmeric, asafoetida and salt.
- Add the mashed boiled potatoes to this and mix well.
Keep the mixture aside. For the Pakoda, make a thick batter out of besan salt and water.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Take bread slice, spread potato mixture, cover with
another bread slice and seal its edges.
- Dip the sandwich into besan batter.
- Deep fry into oil for two minutes on both the sides until
- Take it out on kitchen towel to drain off excess oil.
- Cut it in equal halves. Serve along with mint and tamarind chutney.