Prep: 25 minutesCook: 30 minutes Servings: 4 people
1 large eggplant, cut into roundles
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
100 gms rice flour
Mustard oil, for frying
- Clean the eggplant well in water. Gently press it in between kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- Add all the spice powder and salt to the eggplants. Marinate well for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan. Remove rice flour in plate.
- Dab these marinated eggplant slices in rice flour, dust off the excess four and place them in the pan for frying.
- Shallow fry the slices for 2 minutes on both sides, until nice golden brown.
- Drain off the excess oil on an absorbent paper.
- Serve them hot along with chapattis.