½ cup Fresh Coconut, grated
1 tsp Cumin seeds
3 Garlic cloves
3 Green chillies
2 cups French Beans, finely chopped
2 tsp Oil / Coconut oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Split Black gram/ Urad dal
5-6 Curry leaves
Salt to taste
- In a mixer jar add in coconut, cumin seeds, garlic, green chillies and shallots. Grind and make a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in mustard seeds. Let them splutter.
- Then add in urad dal and curry leaves. Fry for a minute.
- Pour in the ground coconut masala and cook over medium low flame.
- Now add in the chopped French beans and mix. Add salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook. Occasionally keep stirring to avoid sticking to the pan.
- Once cooked, turn off the flame. Serve hot along with rice.