Baked Cherry cheese cake
Preparation time 45 mins
Cooking time 1hrs
20 g melted butter
9-10 Digestive biscuits, crushed to fine crumbs
15 gms refined flour
115 gms sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
450 gms cream cheese
150 gms Castor sugar or Normal grain sugar
1-2 tbsp(s) milk
1 gm finely grated lemon zest
1 tsp lemon juice
150 gm Pitted cherries or frozen cherries
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Brush a spring form cake pan with butter and line with baking paper.
- For the base, mix the crushed biscuits with cinnamon and melted butter. Press the mixture evenly into the cake tin base. Refrigerate.
- For the filling, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla into a smooth mix. Add eggs, one at a time, beating the mixture in between each egg. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and sour cream and mix again.
- Now fold in the flour. Whisk or process in a food processor at low speed till the mixture is smooth. Add the cherries and give a light stir.
- Remove biscuit base from refrigerator and pour the filling mixture evenly over it.
- Bake for about 1 hour 10 minutes until just firm, the centre of the cheesecake should be slightly shaky when you tap the cake pan sides. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or better overnight.
- Remove 30 minutes before serving. Slice and place carefully on a serving plate. Sprinkle icing sugar and top with cherries.