1 Large Bharta Baigan/ Brinjal
4 tbsp Oil
1 Cup Onion, chopped
1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
1 tbsp Ginger, thin strips
1 Green Chili, chopped
1 ½ Cup Tomatoes, chopped
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tsp Red Chili Powder
Salt, to taste
½ Cup Green peas, boiled or frozen
Fresh Coriander, chopped
- Wash the brinjal and apply a tbsp. of oil all over the brinjal.
- Roast the brinjal on open flame or in oven till all soft and skin has started to come easily. Remove and cover it for few minutes. Then peel off the skin and once run it through running water.
- Mash the brinjal and make it resemble paste.
- Now heat oil in a kadai. Saute onion till nice translucent. Add garlic ginger, green chili and saute till fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and cook till soft. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and mix well.
- Add green peas and coriander, mix and cook on slow flame for 10mins.
- Serve hot with roti and rice.