Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
1 cup Refined flour
1 cup almonds, blanched, peeled and dried
½ cup sugar, powdered
1 tsp cardamom powder
Milk as required
¼ cup Honey
2 tbs Chopped nuts (Almonds, Cashew nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Grind the dried almonds to fine powder in a mixer.
- In a bowl add flour, almond powder, sugar, cardamom and saffron. Mix the dry ingredients well.
- Combine and knead them into a dough using milk.
- Divide the dough into small equal sized balls and make small puris using a rolling pin.
- Fold the puri into half and then another half forming a triangular shape. Roll it out evenly, securing the edges.
- Place them on a greased baking tray.
- Bake the puris in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove and transfer to serving tray.
- Drizzle little honey on it, sprinkle chopped nuts and serve hot.
If frying the badam puri, then decrease the sugar quantity in the dough to ¼ cup.
Prepare sugar syrup of one-string consistency by adding equal quantities of water and sugar. Once done, add cardamom powder and rose water to it for flavour.
Deep fry the badam puris, remove and dip the hot puris in the sugar syrup.
Serve hot garnished with chopped nuts.