Avial (Kerala Mix Vegetable Curry)
1 tbsp coconut oil/ vegetable oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 medium onion, chopped
10-12 curry leaves
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1 tbsp green chilies, chopped
700 gms mixed vegetable, cut into cubes (drumsticks, brinjal, pumpkin, raw banana, cucumber)
1 tbsp coriander powder
½ tsp turmeric
1 cup fresh coconut, grated
1 cup fresh coconut milk
1 cup water
Garnish with coriander leaves
- Cut all the vegetables and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and crackle some mustard seeds.
- Now add onion, curry leaves, garlic, ginger and green chilies. Sauté until it turn light pink in color.
- Now add vegetable and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add salt, turmeric, ground coriander and fresh coconut, sauté for a minute.
- Now add coconut milk and water. Cover and cook until vegetables are cooked.
- Serve hot with rice.