For the Patty
1 cup Amaranth
1 cup Kidney bean, cooked
½ cup Corn, boiled and coarsely crushed
½ Onion, chopped
2 Green chillies, chopped
½ inch Ginger, chopped
1 tsp Cumin seeds
Salt to taste
½ Cup Amaranth Flour
3 tbsp Oil
For the Sauce
½ cup Hung curd
2 tbsp Red chilli and Garlic chutney
4 Burger Buns
Few Ice berg Lettuce leaves, hand torn
1 Onion, cut into ½ inch roundels
1 Tomato, cut into ½ inch Roundels
For the patty
- Dry roast the amaranth in a pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Now pour in water and cover with lid.Let the amaranth cook completely. Let the water dry off completely.
- Take a bowl and add in the cooked amaranth, kidney beans and crushed corn. Mash everything well to form a mixture.
- To this mixture add onion, green chillies, ginger and cumin seeds.
- Season with salt, add amaranth flour and give it a nice mix.
- Make small patties of equal size out of the prepared mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan. Place the patty and cook them on both sides for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Cook until the patty forms a crisp outer layer.
- Remove on an absorbent paper.
For the sauce
- Take a bowl and add hung curd and red chilli and garlic chutney to it. Give it a nice whisk and keep aside.
- Take burger buns. Slice into half.
- Place hand torn lettuce leaves on the base of the burger bun.
- Spread the sauce on top the leaves.
- Place the prepared patties on top.
- Place a couple of tomato and onion slices on the patty.
- Again spread the sauce on the top part of the bun and then lastly place it on top.
- Serve the burger immediately.