Aloo Tikki Burger
3 Medium Sized Potatoes, boiled & chilled for 2hrs
2 tsp Oil
¾ Cup Poha, washed & drained
¼ Cup Green Peas, cooked
Salt, to taste
¼ tsp Turmeric/Haldi
½ tsp Coriander Powder/ Dhaniya Powder
¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder/ Kali Mirch
½ tsp Cumin Powder/ Jeera Powder
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
½ tsp Garlic Powder
1 Cup Refined Flour
¾ Cup Corn Flour
Salt, to taste
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
Oil, for deep frying
4 nos. Burger Buns
¼ Cup Mayonnaise
1 Small sized Onion, sliced
1 Small sized Tomato, sliced
- Peel the potatoes and grate the potatoes with big holed side of the grater.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add green peas and saute for a minute.
- Add grated potatoes, poha and season with salt and mix well.
- Add all the powdered spices and mix well. Mash everything and turn off the flame.
- Let the mixture cool a bit. Divide the mixture and make patties according to the size of the bun.
- Cover with foil or cling film and freeze for an hour.
- For batter combine refined flour, corn flour, salt and mix. Add sufficient water and make a thick batter.
- Take the patties out of the freezer. Dip them batter and coat with bread crumbs.
- Repeat with all the patties.
- Now heat oil for frying (can deep fry or shallow fry). Fry the patties on medium flame till nice golden brown in colour.
- Now for assembling, cut through the burger buns horizontally.
- On one half of the bun, apply mayonnaise. Place some onion and tomato.
- Now place the patty and close with other half of the bun.
- Serve immediately.