1 cup chana dal, soaked & boiled
2 medium potatoes, boiled and grated
2 green chillies, finely chopped
½ tbsp fennel seeds (saunf), crushed
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
1 tsp dried mango powder
2 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp coriander leaves, roughly torn
3-4 medium potatoes, boiled and grated
Salt to taste
Oil for greasing
1 tbsp ghee
Oil for frying
Coriander sprig for garnish
- For the filling, mix all ingredients together in a bowl and set aside till in use.
- To prepare the tikki, add grated potatoes and salt to a bowl and mix well until its all smooth.
- Apply some oil on your palms and divide the prepared tikki mixture into equal portions, shape into lemon sized balls.
- Flatten these balls between your palms slightly and make an impression with your thumb, forming a well.
- Fill in the prepared filling and seal the edges. Roll back and flatten with palms.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan, Shallow fry the prepared aloo tikkis till golden brown on both sides while pressing the tikka with the back of spoon in intervals.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and garnish with coriander sprig.
- Serve hot with green chutney, imli chutney and curd.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer