Aloo Potol (Bengali Parwal Fry)
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15-20 minutes Servings: 2
1 tbsp oil
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
¼ tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp red chili powder
2 no potatoes, peeled, cut lenghthwise
300 gms parwal, cut lenghthwide
1 tsp jaggery/ gurh
- In non stick cooking pan add oil and splutter spices.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sprinkle some water to prevent it from burning.
- Now add turmeric, red chili powder and mix. Now add potato, stir well.
- Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add parwal and cover again by adding ¼ cup water.
- Adjust salt. When parwal is almost cooked then add jaggery. Mix well.
- Remove and serve with poori or chapati.