Aloo Cheela/ Potato Pancakes
Prep: 5 minutes + soakingCook: 10 minutes Servings: 2
3 large Potatoes, peeled & grated
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 small Onion, finely chopped
1 Fresh Red Chilli, finely chopped
½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
2 tbsp Cornflour
2 tbsp Besan/ Gram flour
Salt to taste
Oil for roasting
- In a mixing bowl add grated potatoes and water. Soak the potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and wash it once. Squeeze out all the water by pressing them with your palm.
- In a mixing bowl, add the washed & grated potatoes, cumin seeds, black pepper powder, green chilli, cornflour, besan, onion and salt, mix everything well.
- Heat oil for roasting in a pan, add 1 scoop of the mixture and roast on both sides till golden brown in colour.
- Transfer the cheela’s in a plate.
- Serve hot with green chutney.