For Chenna Water
1 tsp Vinegar, सिरका
3 tbsp Water, पानी
½ tsp Sugar, चीनी
½ tbsp Milk powder, मिल्क पाउडर
5 litre Milk, दूध
Chilled water, ठंडा पानी
2 cups Mawa, मावा
¼ cup Nolen Gur, नालेन गुरु
1 tsp Cornstarch, कॉर्न स्टार्च
5-6 heaped tbsp Powdered sugar, पीसी हुई चीनी
1 tsp Rose water, गुलाब जल
Milk powder, (for coating), मिल्क पाउडर
Saffron water, केसर का पानी
Nolen Gur, नालेन गुड़
fresh Rose petals, गुलाब की पंखुड़ियां
Silver varq, चांदी का वर्ख
For Chenna Water
- In a bowl, add vinegar, water, sugar, milk powder and mix it well. Keep aside for further use.
- In a large pot, add milk for boiling on medium flame.
- Add the chenna water and mix it well .
- Line a deep bowl with a muslin or thin cotton napkin.
- When the milk begins boiling, lower the flame. Add prepared chenna water and stir well.
- when all the milk curdles, switch off the flame.
- Pour the entire content in the lined muslin and squeeze the whey.
- Rinse the chenna with chilled water. This is to remove the sourness of the vinegar from the chenna.
- Transfer the chenna into a parat and mash with your palm for 10 minutes until it becomes soft in texture.
- Divided the chenna into 3 equal parts.
- In a non-stick pan or kadai, add mawa and saute it well.
- Add nolen gur and mix it. Cook for 5 minutes. On medium flame.
- Transfer it into a tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes till hard.
- Transfer it into a parat and mix it with the other half of the chenna.
- Now grease you palm with ghee, take some chenna mixture in your palm, make a small ball and put the small sandesh ball between 2 molds, make a hole, below and pour 1/2 teaspoon nolen gur and seal the bottom with a small piece of the chenna mixture.
- Slightly demould the kachagolla and serve.
- In a kadai, add 1 part of the chenna, cornstarch, and powdered sugar and mix it well.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Transfer it into a tray and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the chenna is cooldown, transfer it into a parat and mix it with the other part of the chenna.
- Add rose water and mix it well.
- Further, prepare small balls and coat them with milk powder.
- If you are using moulds, take the mould, grease its inner portion with little ghee first.
- Then put one lemon sized ball in the mould. Slightly press it down to get that perfect shape of the moulds. And it will get the shape of the mould.
- Sondesh is ready. Refrigerate it for at least 1 hr for the exact firmness.
- Garnish it with saffron water and serve.